Run in partnership with the Association of London’s Chief Librarians and funded by Arts Council England, this project celebrates London’s writers, readers and libraries. These workshops are free to attend and all participants will be able to enter the City of Stories competition.
This session will be BSL-interpreted
Taking place over two years (2017 and 2018), it aims to position libraries as the place to discover and create stories by:
- Celebrating and promoting short stories to readers across London libraries;
- Engaging London’s diverse communities with telling their own stories;
- Supporting the development of London’s emerging short story writers.
It offers Londoners the chance to:
- Take part in free creative writing workshops across London;
- Enter the City of Stories 500 word story competition (if they have attended a City of Stories workshop);
- Attend reading events in libraries;
- Read new work by City of Stories writers-in-residence and competition winners.